Saturday, January 22, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for January 22

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

Chapter V
Looking Into My Soul


...I prepare now to meet my God; I retire, as it were, to my sick room, and put my house in order....I leave the goods of earth before they leave me.
--Cardinal Newman

Did God send us, above all other men into the world to be idle in spiritual matters?

Is it our mission only to find pleasure in this world, in which we are but as pilgrims and sojourners?

Are we more than sons of Adam, who, by the sweat of their brow, are to eat bread till they return to the earth out of which they are taken?

[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: