Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for April 6

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

CHAPTER XII
Occasional Prayers


A PRAYER
FOR FULFILUNG THE WILL OF GOD


Grant me thy grace, most merciful Jesus, that it may be with me, and continue with me to the end.

Grant me always to will and desire that which is most acceptable to thee, and which pleaseth thee best.

Let thy will be mine, and let my will always follow thine, and agree prefectly with it.

Let me always will or not will the same with thee: and let me not be able to will or not will otherwise than as thou willest or willest not.

Grant that I may die to all things that are in the world; and for thy sake love to be despised, and not to be known in this world.

Grant that I may rest in thee above all things desired, and that my heart may be at peace in thee.

Thou art the true peace of the heart; Thou art its only rest: outside of thee all things are hard and uneasy.

In this peace, in the self-same that is in thee, the one sovereign eternal Good, I will sleep, and I will rest. Amen (Ps. 4:9)
-Imitation of Christ, Book III.

[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: