Friday, April 08, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for April 8

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

CHAPTER XII
Occasional Prayers


A PRAYER AGAINST EVIL THOUGHTS

O Lord, my God, depart not from me. O my God! have regard to help me; for divers evil thoughts and great fears have risen up against me, afflicting my soul.

How shall I pass them without hurt?

How shall I break through them?

I will go before thee, and will humble the great ones of the earth (Isa. 14: 2).

I will open the gates of the prison, and reveal to thee hidden secrets.

Do, Lord, as thou sayest, and let all these wicked thoughts flee from before thy face.

This is my hope and my only comfort, to fly to thee in all tribulations, to confide in thee, to call on thee from my heart, and patiently to look for thy consolation.
-Imitation oj Christ, Book III.

[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: