Monday, December 26, 2005

Bozek Reveals Reason for Leaving Polish Seminary

With a startling revelation, he signaled to his parishioners on Christmas morning that he had been through controversy with church authority before. And he believed it had made him stronger.

Bozek told his new parishioners the story of his struggle five years ago at a seminary in Poland with an accusation made against him - "a witch hunt" he called it. "Some people accused me of being a promiscuous homosexual," he said. He told the rector of the seminary to provide proof, and said the rector couldn't, but persisted in the accusations.

Bozek said he went to his Warmia Archbishop Edmund Michal Piszcz, and told him to call off the rector. He threatened to sue the archdiocese. "They have no proof," he told Piszcz. Bozek said Piszcz agreed. Nevertheless the priest left the seminary and Poland, landing in Springfield, Mo.

"What would have happened had I not been accused?" he asked the congregation. "I probably would still be in Poland living happily near my parents. I probably never would have heard of St. Stanislaus Kostka church."

Jan Guzowski, the rector at the Hosianum seminary in Olsztyn when Bozek was there, said in a telephone interview from Poland that Bozek had been told to leave because of suspected homosexuality.

"We thought he was homosexual. We had several problems with him. He said he wasn't homosexual, but we had certain proof that this wasn't true." Asked what proof, Guzowski said that other seminarians told him so.
. . .
In an interview after his second Christmas Mass on Sunday, Bozek denied Guzowski's charges. "Of course the rector is going to say I was kicked out; that's his side of the story," Bozek said. "But I have a recommendation from Archbishop Piszcz which says I left by my own request."
He left on his own, and that suffices as "proof" that he NOT homosexual??? Of course, it does!

So why did Bozek bring this up in a homily, then?
Bozek said he brought up his flight from Hosianum in his Christmas homily because he had received phone calls threatening to leak the accusations to the press. "I wanted to tell this to my new parishioners in my own words," he said.
Of course - he had had to spin the facts before his new 'flock' learned of information which might damage his 'credibility' - if he even had any to begin with...So how does he answer the question of his alleged homosexuality?
So what will the new priest say when his parishioners ask him the inevitable question: Are you a homosexual? "When people ask me that, I just say, I am a celibate and chaste priest, so it doesn't matter," Bozek said.
"I just say, I am a celibate and chaste priest, so it doesn't matter."

No, Rev, it doesn't matter to you or others who follow your defiant and rebellious lead away from Christ and His Church...just as long as you can do things your own way!!! Surely, our Lord is preparing a "special" place for you and those who follow you.

More...

No comments: