Friday, December 30, 2005

Irresistible Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

When: Starting January 1 through January 9, 2006


Dear Friends,
In January of this year (2005) many St. Louis area Catholics participated in the Irresistible Novena to The Sacred Heart of Jesus for the intentions of our Archbishop, Raymond L. Burke. That novena was conceived in an email that was posted as an open invitation to St. Louis area Catholics to spread the word and participate.

You are invited to participate and SPREAD the word again! We can begin the New Year 2006 with an _expression of our love and fidelity to our Archbishop, with the same nine day novena; beginning on Sunday January 1st and ending on Monday January 9th, with the intention for him and the Archdiocese.

Today (December 29th) is the Feast day of St. Thomas of Canterbury. In his "Liturgical Year" Dom Gueranger tells us that St. Anselm wrote; "Nothing does God love so much in this world as the liberty of His Church."...Dom Gueranger goes on to say:
"Such is the Liberty of the Church. It is the bulwark of the Sanctuary. Every breach there imperils the Hierarchy, and even the very Faith. A Bishop may not flee, as the hireling, nor hold his peace, like those dumb dogs of which the Prophet Isaias speaks, and which are not able to bark. He is the Watchman of Israel: he is a traitor if he first lets the enemy enter the citadel, and then, but only then, gives the alarm and risks his person and his life. The obligation of laying down his life for his flock begins to be in force at the enemy's first attack upon the very outposts of the City, which is only safe when they are strongly guarded."
Reading this calls to mind the courage of our Archbishop in his defense of the Hierarchy and the Faith, especially with regard to the unfortunate situation at St. Stanislaus. Please offer this novena for him and our diocese. Our prayers are the most powerful support we can give him.

Finally, you will find a Consecration Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.


Irresistible Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

O my Jesus, Thou didst say: "Amen, I say to you, ask and you shall receive; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you." Hence I knock, I seek, and I ask for the grace of...

Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be...
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee!

O my Jesus, Thou didst say: "Amen, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in My name, He will give unto you.” Hence I ask the Father, in Thy name, for the grace of...

Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be...
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee!

O my Jesus, Thou didst say: "Amen, I say to you, heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away." Encouraged by Thy infallible words, I now ask for the grace of...

Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be...
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee!

Let us pray
Sacred Heart of Jesus, for Whom one thing alone is impossible, namely, not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us miserable sinners and grant us the grace we ask of Thee, through the intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Thy tender Mother and ours.

Hail Holy Queen...
Saint Joseph, friend of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
Heart of Jesus, rich unto all that call upon Thee, have mercy on us!
Heart of Jesus, salvation of those who hope in Thee, have mercy on us!
Consecration to The Sacred Heart

Jesus Christ, I recognize Thee as the King of the universe. Thou art the Author of all creation. Exercise over me all Thy rights. Renew in me those promises that I solemnly made in my baptism, rejecting Satan with all his works and pomps. O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I offer Thee all of my poor works and actions so that men might recognize Thy Sacred Royalty and reign that Thou dost desire to establish throughout the whole universe. Amen.


Please forward this request!

A special thanks to Mark Serafino for reminding us of this Novena and the content of this letter!

(originally posted 12/29 20:00pm. posting date modified to keep it at the top of the blog)

No comments: