Monday, June 26, 2006

Mental Prayer for June 27 - Kindness and Sympathy

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: To be like Christ - kind and gentle.

The Idea: We all need sympathy. Christ showed sympathy for all. He had pity on the blind and the lepers. He wept over Jerusalem and over the death of Lazarus. And no one is excluded. Christ's sympathy included even public sinners and the hated tax collectors of Rome. The woman taken in adultery found no one but Jesus to defend her. But no one else was needed.

My Personal Application: Our Lord's kindness and sympathy were precisely what made Him attrac­tive. Because I love and admire Him so very much, I want to bring Him into everybody's life. I want everyone to come to know Him and love Him as I do. The best way I can achieve this is by example. When people see Christ living in me, they'll see what I'm talking about and whom I represent. They'll be attracted by His kindness and sympathy when they see these standing out in my life. Make people love Christ by being like Him!

I Speak to Christ: Help me to grow in your like­ness. Give me your love of all men, your interest in their difficulties, struggles, triumphs, setbacks. I have so many weaknesses, prejudices, so much self-centeredness to overcome first. Help me!

Thought for Today: To show forth Christ's kindness.
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: