Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Mental Prayer for July 13-The Call of the Apostles

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: To be alert to hear what God wants me to do with my life.

Mental Picture: There is something big in the air as the crowd gathers to hear Christ speak this morning... a note of excitement in His voice... He seems to be waiting for certain faithful fol­lowers to join the group. But listen... now He is calling some by name... "Peter, and John, you Andrew, and James... you twelve will be my Apostles." Just think... what an honor... what a thrill... and look at the men chosen... poor, un­known fishermen... a tax collector... small people whom Christ will make big.

My Personal Application: What shall I do with my life? Am I listening for Christ to tell me what He wants? Am I determined to serve Him in whatever I do? He has a very definite plan for me. How can I discover it?... Look at my talents. For what am I best suited? He gave me all that I have. Would He not see to it that I have just the right equipment? Where am I most needed? Where could I do the most good? In a profession? By raising a family? As a priest or a religious?

I Speak to Christ: Lord Jesus, you are my leader, and I want to follow you. Tell me your plans for my life. You have chosen me already - to know you better than many others. Tell me now how I can serve you best. I am ready to answer your call. Help me to recognize it when and in whatever way it comes.

Thought for Today: Lord, what do you want me to do?
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: