Monday, July 24, 2006

Mental Prayer for July 25 - "Blessed Are the Peacemakers"

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.

The Idea: Today the whole world longs for teal peace. But how many men take the step from desire to action - by prayers, by efforts for world peace, by trying to be instruments of God's peace by leading God-like lives?

My Personal Application: Do I long for peace without working for peace? At home? At school? At play? In conversation? With my neighbors? With other schools? In my parish?

I Speak to Christ: "Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace; were there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life" (Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi).

Thought for Today: "Lord, make mean instrument of thy peace."
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: