Friday, January 05, 2007

Mental Prayer for the First Saturday of January

Fifth Glorious Mystery (Mary's Queenship)

The Memorare
________________________

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To remember to call on Mary when I am in need.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary: Remem­ber, Mary, this is not the first time I've called on you... How can I ever forget the other times you have helped me!... Have you ever let me down?... Have you ever let anybody down?

That never was it known: Every time you have been called upon, you have come through with your help... in time of sickness... in time of tempta­tion... in time of discouragement.

That anyone: That's one thing about you, Mary... You don't care who it is that is asking for help... You're ready to help anybody... even me.

Who fled to thy protection: That's what I am doing, Mary... I'm running for your protection... from my enemy, the devil... from my own im­prudence... from my own passions.

Implored thy help: Humbly I ask you, Mary...help me... I need you... I can't do it alone... I must have help... I am so weak... without you, I'm no good at all... but with you I can do all things, conquer all obstacles... all problems... all temp­tations.

Or sought thy intercession: I need grace, Mary, and every grace I get comes through you... Talk to your Son for me... plead with Him for me... tell Him, as only a mother can, tell Him all the things I have to have.

Was left unaided: I trust in you, my Mother... I trust that you will obtain from your Son all the help I need... Mary, I am yours... I belong to you - I am one of your children... I know you'll help me.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Thought for Today: Never was it known....
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: