Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Mental Prayer for January 10, A Real Human Life

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To understand the purpose of the hidden life.

The Idea: Christ came down to earth as a little child and lived a human life and died on the cross for me. He came to redeem me, and to show me how to get to heaven by imitating Him. Since He lived a normal life in a normal town, I can look to Him and say, "He is real. He really did live here on earth. He didn't just suddenly come and go." The thirty years are real years, as long as any years I live and as full of life. He really did grow up. And He was just a little child - as I was. Once He was 10 years old as I was. Once just my age now! I can imitate Him. I can try to follow and imitate Him. Because that's why He did it - to show me how.

My Personal Application: I'm going to be like Christ only if I can realize how real He was. I must try to get a picture of Him alive - praying, working, studying, talking, eating, playing, sleep­ing - doing all the things a normal person does. That's the first step in imitation - a good picture of what and Who I want to imitate.

I Speak to Christ: The reason why I am studying your life, Lord, is to get a good picture of you, a real, live, true-to-life picture so I can follow you. Help me work out this picture so you will really live for me.

Thought for Today: "And He grew in wisdom, age, and grace before God and men."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: