Sunday, February 11, 2007

Mental Prayer for February 11, I Live My Mass

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: Teach me how to live my Mass.

The Idea: My part in my Mass does not begin or end in Church. If I offer myself, then my life is my Mass. If my day brings me disappointments, unfair treatment, I won't grumble; that is my Mass. When I find it difficult to be completely honest, pure, good to others, I remember my Mass - this is my chance to carry out my offering, to live my Mass. Whenever there is an opportunity to help others, to help the Church, to do some work for the kingdom of Christ, I won't run away from it, I won't excuse myself from it - this is my Mass.

My Personal Application: Do I make my whole day an expression of my gift to God in my Mass? My work, my study, my influence, my problems can be part of my self-surrender to God. Do I perform every action so it can be offered to God? If my offering is not to be a hollow gift, just words, I must work toward this. God complained of the Jews, "These people honor me with their mouths, but their hearts are far from me." Do I realize that my offering in union with the Son of God is just words, until it is completed in my daily life?

I Speak to Christ: Lord, when I look upon your broken body on the cross, I know that your offering was complete. I have offered myself to you and in union with your sacrifice. But I need your help to make that offering real. It is so hard to do the little things well all the time. But I know you want me to, and I know you will give me the grace to be generous.

Thought for Today: This is my Mass.
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: