Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mental Prayer for February 16, Choosing the Right Vocation

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To find true happiness.

The Idea: Look around you. Who are the really happy people? The teachers? The store clerks? The mail carrier? The rich? The poor? Happy people are found in every walk of life. Though different, they are happy if they know where they "fit" in life and are using their talents to serve God. That spells happiness here and hereafter. Although to choose involves a de­nial that may cause pain, still choice brings joy. When you choose your life's work, you'll get your greatest happiness in being "someone," in being able to do what you do well. And you'll win eternity by doing your work well.

My Personal Application: Am I going to waste the great power I possess for good in my life. God did not make me by chance. He made me to serve Him, but how'? That will become apparent as my life unfolds. This much I am sure of: I have a purpose in life. If train myself to stop, look, and listen, I shall be able to make a good choice of my life's work. Have I, like many other people, been jumping about from one thing to another, doing nothing well and forgetting that God has some work for me?

I Speak to Christ: Jesus, you said and proved by miracles that you are our model. You must have been thinking of people like me when you decided to spend 30 years of calm obedience and preparation for your life's work. Help me prepare well for mine.

Thought for Today: "I am the way. Follow me!"
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: