Monday, March 12, 2007

Mental Prayer for March 13, Some Things I Hope to Be

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: Christ, to see what my education can mean for you.

The Idea: What sort of person would you like to be in, say, twenty years? For instance, what sort person are you to work with, to mix with socially? Can you take an intelligent part in a conversation? Do you think and talk like a Catholic, an intelligent Catholic? Put yourself in a particular situation, e. g., at a business lunch. The conversation has switched from the Dodgers to a magazine article on evolution, or a mercy-killing case, or French politics. You're the one Catholic at the table. If Christ is going to reach and influence these other men, He must use your brain, voice, and personality. Well, can you talk like an intelligent Catholic on these matters? If so, it's because you know more than a little bit about history, bi­ology, ethics, what Christ teaches in His Church; it's because your thinking on all these different subjects is clear and straight, something like Christ's would be; it's because you can put your ideas across in decent, persuasive English.

My Personal Application: Let me take a good look at that person I want to be. He or she didn't get that way by accident. This was the result of being given the opportunity of a good Catholic education; and putting the "kid stuff" aside and going to work.

I Speak to Christ: Christ, my Leader, I know how important my Catholic education is to the person I want to be, how important to the person you want me to be. Give me the strength I need to work hard at it.

Thought for Today: "Whoever confesses me be­fore men, I will confess him before my Father in heaven."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: