Saturday, April 14, 2007

Mental Prayer for Divine Mercy Sunday, Heaven - Happiness Without End

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: My Lord, let me have some little realization of that "forever" which will be mine in heaven with you.

The Idea: Ever since we were children, we have been taught that hell is forever. Remember the story of the bird taking one grain of sand every century... that he would remove the whole earth before eternity really began? Well and good, but look at it the other way, the way it's going to be for us. Our heaven will hardly have begun by that time either.

Have you ever been with a fine, wholesome person, perhaps at a party, or just walking on a beautiful day in the sun, and wished it would go on and on and never stop? Or listened to exceptionally fine music, and hoped it would never stop? Or stood on a hilltop, taking in the panoramic view, and wanted never to leave? And as beautiful as these are, they will all some day cease to be, and their combined beauty can't touch that of heaven. There we'll see the author of all that beauty, not mirrored by something on earth, but as He really is. Then finally we'll be able to yield to that desire of "staying here for­ever."

My Personal Application: Because everything we experience in this life is passing, "forever" is difficult to grasp. But Christ promised me a never-ending, perfect happiness if only I stick to the job of life. Would I be ready to inherit that "happy forever" if He called me right now'?

I Speak to Christ: It's a bit overwhelming, my Lord, that for only a short service, you repay me with a forever of happiness. I can't ever be worthy of
it, but make me a bit less unworthy as the days go by. Show me the worth of it all.

Thought for Today: "Your reward will be exceed­ingly great."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: