Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mental Prayer for Easter Friday - My Resurrection

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: The grace to keep the Resurrection before my eyes - the pledge of my eternal reward.

The Idea: Christianity is not an easy way out; no one ever claimed that. We carry the cross of Christ through life, and that means work and sacrifice. But the most important thing is this: it's worth the trouble. Christ's resurrection is the pledge of our reward - a reward which will surpass our wildest imagination. And that for eternity, if only we are loyal for a few short years here on earth.

My Personal Application: What do I do when the cost of following Christ seems too high? I Do I turn my attention to the reward He promises to find encouragement? What do I want to get out of life? Do I consider anything worth more than the reward promised by Christ? Have I ever stopped to think what eternal, perfect happiness with Him means ?

I Speak to Christ: O risen Christ, when the wealth and honors of this world draw me away from Your company, turn my thoughts to the reward which You have prepared for those who love You. When I am tempted and discouraged, stand before me in the glory of Easter morning as a pledge and a challenge to take up my cross and follow You.

Thought for Today: "Your labor in the Lord's service cannot be spent in vain."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: