Sunday, April 08, 2007

Mental Prayer for Easter Monday - Christ Comes to Mary

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: Lord, that I may try to find my happiness by pleasing you in all I do.

Mental Picture: Early morning... the first Easter... Jerusalem lies quiet... Mary prays in her small room... hoping, waiting for Him. Suddenly, a ray of light... not the morning sun... but her Son... the light from His glorified body fills the room... dazzling... warming. Mary once again holds her divine Son close to her. No words are needed... never was there greater love... never was there greater happiness on this earth. The sorrows, the pains, the death on the cross... seem nothing in comparison with the glory of this meeting... the risen Savior and His beloved Mother.

My Personal Application: God made me to be happy. With His grace I will someday be in heaven - to be happy forever with Him, with the Glorified Christ, with His Mother and all the saints. Mary shows me the way. She lived her life with Him. She worked with Him, suffered with Him, and now He is her reward.

I Speak to Christ and Mary: O my Risen Savior and my holy Mother in heaven, you were so happy on that first Easter. All of your great sufferings seemed small then. Please help me share in your glory by doing your will as perfectly as I can. Let all my happiness come from being close to you.

Thought for Today: "I arose and am still with thee."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: