Friday, April 13, 2007

Mental Prayer for Easter Saturday-The Great Day of the Last Judgment

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: King of Victory, let me feel in pre­view the emotions of victory and success promised to your soldiers.

The Idea : If a spectator can throw his cap in the air, scream and shout, and pound people on the back for a victory he didn't even win, what will I feel like on the day of my own great victory? That's exactly what the last judgment will be for all who have been loyal soldiers of Christ in this life. On that day all the tough breaks and raw deals, all the embarrassments and humiliations, all the failures and disappointments which are daily fare in this world will be erased forever; and in their place will appear a perfect happiness in the union and love of God. The battle against sin will be' eternally won.

My Personal Application: The celebration on judgment day will be for me if I am loyal to Christ's commands. Imagine what a football hero feels like when he's carried off the field on the shoulders of his teammates! On judgment day, I will deserve and get a lot more congratulations than that. My teammates will be every worth­while man and woman who ever lived. The hardest things I had to do or suffer on this earth will then seem small when I see the reward pre­pared for me.

I Speak to God: Burn deep into my heart the conviction of the reward which awaits me, O Lord. May the expectation of that victory spur me on to conquer here and now my inclinations to evil and my lackadaisical attitude toward doing good.

Thought for Today: "Hail, King of Victory."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: