Saturday, May 05, 2007

Bush: "I will veto any" Pro-Abortion Legislation

WASHINGTON, May 4, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - "I believe it is the most basic duty of Government to guard the innocent. With that in mind, I will veto any legislation that weakens current Federal policies and laws on abortion, or that encourages the destruction of human life at any stage." So said President Bush yesterday in identical letters sent to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Ca.) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nv.).

In his letters, the President wrote, "I am concerned that this year the Congress may consider legislation that could substantially change Federal policies and laws on abortion, and allow taxpayer dollars to be used for the destruction of human life. I am writing to make sure that there is no misunderstanding of my views on these important issues." (See a copy of the President's letter to Nancy Pelosi here: http://lifesite.net/ldn/2007_docs/BushToPelosionProLifeVetoe... PDF file)




No comments: