Monday, November 26, 2007

Just for Today, November 27

He that loves God with his whole heart neither fears death, nor punishment, nor judgement, nor hell; because perfect love gives secure access to God.
- Bk. I, ch. xxiv.
_____________________

"What would you do if you had to begin your religious life over again?"

"I think I should do just as I have done."

"Then you do not share the feelings of the hermit who said: "No matter how many years I have spent in penance, as long as I have quarter of an hour of life left, and breath in my body, I should be afraid of damnation"?

"No, I do not feel like that, I am too little to be damned; little children do not go to hell."

"You always try to remain as a little child, but tell us how to obtain the spirit of childhood; what does it mean to remain little?"

"It means acknowledging our own nothingness, and looking to God for everything, just as a little child relies entirely on its father. It means not worrying about anything, nor amassing a fortune."

- C.
__________________
For a List of Abbreviations, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: