Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Just for Today, November 28

If thou wilt be exalted in heaven, humble thyself in this world: If thou wilt reign with Me, bear the cross with Me, for none but the servants of the Cross find the way of bliss and of true light.
- Bk. III, ch. lvi.
_________________________

How meek and humble of heart Thou dost appear, my beloved Saviour, when I look upon Thee hidden under the white Host! Thou couldst not stoop lower in order to teach me humility; I, therefore, in return for Thy love will put myself in the last place and share Thy humiliations, that I may have a part with Thee (John xiii, 8) in the kingdom of Heaven.

I beg of Thee to send me a humiliation every time I try to exalt myself above others.

- Pr.
__________________
For a List of Abbreviations, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: