Sunday, January 13, 2008

Just for Today, January 14

Nature labours for her own interest, and thinks what gain she may reap from others: But grace considers not what may be advantageous and profitable to herself, but rather what may be profitable to many.
-Bk. III, ch. liv.
____________________

She had heard how much trouble a poor Sister suffering from neurasthenia was giving the infirma­rians:
"How I wish I had been infirmarian," she cried, "and had her as my patient! Grace would have spoken louder than nature, for I feel an attraction for such work. I would have put so much love into my nursing, that I am sure I would have made her happy, remembering that Our Lord said: 'I was sick and you visited me'." (Matt. xxv, 36.)
-Novissima Verba
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: