Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mea Culpa?

A brother in Christ writes regarding a previous post about Marek Bozek and his participation in a "Call to Action" conference:
I. . .take issue with your label of the CTA mugs shots as "clowns and sideshow freaks."

I have known a number of professional clowns, and several (a-hem) "special people" performers, and every one of them would be utterly indignant to be compared with the likes of these very stupid and rebellous CTA "people."

I admit that I've probably used ther term "clowns" in the past. But I'd have to check the archives to see if I've used the phrase "sideshow freaks" - it's a term I can't fathom using in the normal course of conversation.

Be that as it may, I sincerely apologize to those with professions as clowns and sideshow freaks that I may have offended by comparing them with rebellious, obstinate, and dissenting individuals who profess to be Catholic.

No comments: