Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Just for Today, February 27

I would willingly speak My words to thee, and reveal My secrets to thee, if thou wouldst diligently observe My coming, and open to Me the door of thy heart. Be careful and watch in prayer, and humble thyself in all things.
-Bk. III, ch. xxiv.
________________

O Jesus! if I could but make known to all little souls Thy unspeakable condescension! I feel that if it were possible to find a soul weaker than mine, Thou wouldst bestow even greater favours on her, provided that she submitted herself with perfect confidence to Thine infinite mercy. My loving Master, why have I this longing to communicate Thy secrets? Thou alone hast taught me; Thou canst do for others what Thou didst for me, and therefore I beseech of Thee to look down in mercy upon a great multitude of little souls. Choose to Thyself a legion of humble victims worthy of Thy love.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: