Monday, April 21, 2008

Just for Today, April 22

I am where my thought is; and there often is my thought, where that is which I love. That thing most readily comes to my mind which naturally delights me, or which through custom is pleasing to me. For this reason, Thou who art the truth, hast plainly said:
Where thy treasure is, there also is thy heart (Matt. vi, 21).
If I love heaven, I willingly think on heavenly things.

-Bk. III, ch. xlviii.
_______________

Your soul is too noble to become attached to the consolations of this life; you must live in Heaven whilst still on earth, for it is written: Where thy treasure is, there also is thy heart. Is not Jesus your only treasure? As He dwells in Heaven, your heart must dwell there also. Our gentle Saviour has long ago forgotten your failings, He sees only your desire of perfection which rejoices His heart.

I beg of you not to remain at His feet, but to follow the impulse which draws you into His arms, for that is your rightful place. Your last letter tells me more plainly than ever that you may not reach Heaven by any other way than that followed by your little sister.

-Letters.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: