Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just for Today, June 19

Thy saints, O Lord, who now rejoice with Thee in the kingdom of heaven, whilst they were living, expected in faith and great patience the coming of Thy glory. What they believed, I believe; what they hoped for, I hope for; and whither they are come, I trust that I also, through Thy grace, shall come. In the meantime, I will walk in faith, strengthened by the examples of Thy saints.

-Bk. IV, ch. xi.
__________________

What will become of me? Shall the sight of my own helplessness make me die of grief? Oh no! I shall not even let it trouble me. My abandonment makes me dare to remain as I am, fixing my eyes on the divine Sun until the day of my death. Nothing shall alarm me, neither wind nor rain; if heavy clouds hide the Sun of love, if it seems to me that nothing exists but the night of this life, that will be the moment of perfect joy, the moment to make hope reach out to its furthest limit, and, without leaving my place, to know that beyond the gloomy clouds my bright Sun is shining.

-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: