Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just for Today, September 12

Conceive an indignation against thyself; suffer not the swelling of pride to live in thee; but make thyself so submissive and little, that all may trample on thee, and tread thee under their feet, as the dust of the streets.
-Bk. III, ch. xiii.
_______________

Grant that I may keep my vows in all their perfection, that no one may notice me, that I may be trodden under­foot and forgotten as a grain of sand. I offer myself to Thee, my well-Beloved, that Thy holy will may be ful­filled in me, without let or hindrance on the part of creatures.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme).
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: