Thursday, October 02, 2008

Just for Today, For October 3

Far more noble is that learning which flows from above, from the divine influence, than that which with labour is acquired by the industry of man.
-Bk. III, ch. xxxi.
________________

I asked her what was the spiritual teaching she would impart to souls after her death:
"It is the way of spi­ritual childhood, the way of trust and complete sur­render. I will teach them the little practices I have found so successful, make them understand that there is only one thing to do here on earth: scatter the flowers of little sacrifices at Our Lord's feet; win Him by the tenderness of our love. That is how I won His Heart, and why I shall receive such a welcome."
-Novissima Verba.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: