Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Just for Today, October 2

O that this day would shine upon us, and all those temporal things come to an end!...Blessed is the man who for Thee, O Lord, lets go all things created; who offers violence to his nature, and through fervour of spirit crucifies the lusts of the flesh; that so, his conscience being cleared up, he may offer to Thee pure choirs of angels, having shut out all things of the earth both from without and within.
-Bk. III, ch. xlviii.
____________

Dear Angel, given by God to be
My brother and my friend,
Beneath the shadow of your wings
May I reach journey's end.
I too shall sing, when breaks the dawn,
-Eternity's bright day­-
With angel choirs the song of praise
You taught me in the way.

-Poems.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: