Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for January 5

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

Chapter V
Looking Into My Soul


Then shall the King say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in: naked and you covered me: sick and you visited me: I was in prison and you came to me.

Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? and when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, arid covered thee? or when did we see thee sick or in prison and came to thee?

And the King answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me.

Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee?

Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me (Matt, 25:34-45).

[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: