Friday, March 25, 2005

Mother arrested in attempt to stop abortion of 14 year old daughter

I had wanted to report on this story earlier, but I have been fixed, primarily, on the barbaric on-going murder of Terri Schiavo. I heard a shocking story this past Sunday on a local evangelical radio station, KJSL 920AM. This station provides news updates that the Post Dispatch will never print - the estimated number of abortions occurring daily at the Hope(less) Clinic in Granite City, IL., just across the river here in St. Louis. The people associated with the station also provide a Christian presence and witness by gathering there daily (I believe) to try and save children and souls. For these people and their endeavors, I have the utmost respect and praise.

As I was driving home, I changed channels to KJSL and could not believe what I was hearing. There was a mother being interviewed on the radio and she was speaking about her recent run-in with the "health care providers" at the abortuary/baby killing factory. Her account of the tragic episode was heartbreaking. The place were this run-in occurred kills the babies of young girls and women from all over the country - based upon the fact that many of the cars bear out-of-state license plates. I wish I had been able to listen to the entire program to get all of the details. I will relate those which I heard that are not in the story.

The article here does not include all of the facts as related by the mother. Some excerpts from the article:
A Southern Illinois woman was arrested last week (March 17) after trying to intervene on behalf of her 14-year old daughter's effort to have an abortion. The girl was allegedly taken to an abortion clinic by the mother of the man allegedly to have impregnated the 14-year old.

According to the girl's mother, her 14-year old daughter was called off from school in Madison County by a woman posing as the girl's “grandmother.” The woman took the girl from her home only minutes before the girl’s mother returned home from work.
The "grandmother" is the mother of the man who impregnated the 14 year old girl...The article states that the man's age was not released, HOWEVER, the girl's mother reported that he is in his early 20's (if I recall correctly).

The 'grandma', I believe, also took the girl out of school even though the school had been advised not to release the girl to anyone but her parents or her grandfather.

This seems to be a clear case of statutory rape...I am not certain if he has been arrested or not. The girl's mother stated that "grandma" pressured the pregnant girl to abort the baby because the father, who is due to graduate from college soon, would suffer if he had to quit school, support the baby, and blah, blah, blah...you know the drill.
My husband and I rushed to the abortion clinic where we saw our daughter’s name on the roster and the time she had checked in,” the mother said. She then went into the clinic and searched a room filled with young women awaiting abortions but did not see her daughter.

She took a seat near the main desk and said, “I was told I could not prove my daughter was there so I began calling her name. A medical tech at the clinic told me , ‘It’s your daughter’s rights, it’s her body. You have no rights.’”

After continuing to call out her daughter’s name and telling her “don’t do it,” authorities were called and the mother was arrested.
The mother stated that she KNEW her daughter was there because she saw her daughter's name highlighted on the clipboard help by one of the "rent-a-cops" at the entrance. The clipboard had several names with appointment times and those who had arrived for their appointments where highlighted to designate that fact.

The article relates the rest of the story as I heard it on the radio from the mother. The police, unconcerned with a clear case of statutory rape, chose instead to arrest a mother trying to rescue her daughter [this sounds eerily similar to another case, yes?]

I'm not familiar with laws of the Peoples Republik of Illinois, but it seems criminal to permit minors access to abortions without parental consent. It also would seem to be criminal to deliberately keep mother and daughter separated. Yet again, would it not be a criminal act to "bury the records" of this abortion, as the article states? It seems to me that there were a number of crimes committed on this day - and if they are not crimes in the eyes of the State, they most certainly are crimes in the eyes of God.

How long will it be before this country sinks so deep into the abyss of depravity that it will be impossible to escape? While it is easy to become discouraged or despondent because of the pervasive evil all around us, let us walk with Christ toward Golgotha - we must unite our hearts with His, we must unite our sorrows with His, we must unite ourselves to Him - He took upon Himself all of these evils which we are witnessing, and have witnessed, and will ever witness. He bore them all for us as we will recall most vividly tomorrow. He gave His life for our salvation - If we keep our eyes fixed on Him, and faithfully follow Him and His Church, we will be guided beyond the desolation around us.

My Dear Jesus, please forgive me and forgive us all - have mercy on us!

Link to article here.

A very special tip of the hat to Bobby Dale for reminding me of this story!

No comments: