Friday, October 06, 2006

Mental Prayer for the First Saturday of October

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Consecration and Reparation

Fifth Glorious Mystery
(Mary's Queenship: Mary has frequently reappeared on earth to help and guide her children.)


Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To do what Mary asked at Fatima.

The Idea: Lucy of Fatima writes: "Our Lady once more stretched out her hands. The projected ray of light seemed to pierce the earth, and we saw what looked like a great sea of fire in which were plunged black and burning demons and souls in human form, resembling live transparent coals. Lifted up by the flames they fell back like sparks in a great conflagration amid loud screams and cries of pain and despair. We raised our eyes to the Blessed Virgin who said, kindly and sadly: 'You have seen hell, and the souls of poor sinners. To save them, our Lord wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If people will do what I shall tell you, many souls will be saved and there will be peace in the world'."

My Personal Application: Then, Mary, you told us exactly how to repair injuries to your Immac­ulate Heart: "Pray, pray very much, and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to hell because there is nobody to make sacrifices and to pray for them. Do not offend our Lord any more; He is already much offended. Say the Rosary daily."
Dear Mother, I'll do my best to say a daily Rosary. Saving a soul means more to me than 10 minutes spent on TV, snacks, parties, leisure. And you told the children at Fatima, Mary, "I shall come to ask the consecration of the world to my Immaculate Heart and the Communion of Reparation of the first Saturday of the month. If my requests are granted, Russia will be converted and there will be peace." These are my Mother's requests. What shall I do?

I Speak to Christ: Dear Jesus, I will start today to repair the injuries I and others have caused you by repairing the suffering we've caused Mary ­ your special gift to us. I'll do this with your help, by Communion and confession, by good works for others, etc.

Thought for Today: Pray and make sacrifices and reparations for sinners.
__________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: