Thursday, October 12, 2006

Mental Prayer for October 13-Sex and Sex Pleasure

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: Lord, give me light to see and understand your view of sex and the strength to live chastely.

The Idea: Anyone who would baptize in mockery of God's sacrament of supernatural life commits a sinful irreverence toward God. Baptism is not to be tampered with: it is God's plan for a man or woman's birth in sanctifying grace. Baptism, belonging to God, is sacred. Baptism means life.

Our sex powers are God's plan for co-creating human natural life. Whoever uses these powers when he has no right to use them is insulting God in a horrible way. Human life and the way it comes about are sacred, because they are such special gifts from God.

My Personal Application: Viewing it in this way, I can easily see how I should use the creature, sex, for the purpose God proposes. When I am married, I should use my sexual gifts chastely and gratefully as a wonderful gift. When I am not married, I should not use them at all or do anything that might lead me into misusing or abusing them. To misuse this gift from God would be to insult God, risk missing my goal in life, and bring unhappiness on myself and others.

I Speak to God: O God, help us to understand chastity and the proper view of sex in our lives.

Thought for Today: I will think often of Mary, who shows how highly God esteems both purity and parenthood.
__________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: