Friday, March 02, 2007

Mental Prayer for the First Saturday of March

Third Joyful Mystery - Birth of Jesus
_______________________________________

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

The Memorare

Grace I Ask:
To trust in Mary at all times.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence: Mine is not a half-trust but a wholehearted trust. I may feel nothing emotionally, but I know I have solid reasons for confidently expecting your aid. You have my best interests very much at heart and will obtain what I most need.

I fly unto thee: My first thoughts are ever of you. Without hesitation I come directly to you, my Mother.

O Virgin of virgins: So pure, so holy, so completely dedicated to God! How wonderful you are!

My Mother: Here is the whole basis for my confidence. You mean everything to me. I love you, Mother!

To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful: I am ashamed of how disappointing I have been to you as a son or daughter. But I know how greatly you and God love the repentant sinner. If only I acknowledge my faults and my needs, you will run to help me!

O Mother of the Word Incarnate: Your great title to glory and to power. What son can refuse anything to his mother - and such a mother! Your humility and lovableness have made your intercession all-powerful with your Son.

Despise not my petitions: I know that nothing regarding me is too small or too big to provoke your concern.

But in thy mercy hear and answer me : I know that your loving concern and mercy are without limit. Have pity on one so helpless as me. If what I ask is not for my best interests, then obtain for me what is. Amen.

Thought for Today: To you I come, Mary.
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: