Friday, June 01, 2007

Fr. Pfleger's (AKA "Snuffy") Response...

Response to I.S.R.A. Attack

On Tuesday, May 29, 2007 The Illinois State Rifle Association released a press statement titled, "Chicago Priest Call for Murder of Gun Shop Owner".

This is not only a lie, it is absurd! On Saturday, May 26, 2007 at an anti-gun rally at Chuck's Gun Shop, I said that John Riggio of Chuck's Gun Shop had the business listed in a trust, so that you could not find out who he is or where he lived, but that we would find it out and that we would snuff him out, as well as legislators who are being bankrolled by the N.R.A. and fighting common sense gun legislation.

All the news media were there, as well as about 400 people and heard the whole speech. It is interesting to me that no one took this interpretation of the words I spoke, not the media or any of the 400 people present until Tuesday, when the I.S.R.A. sent out a press release with their propaganda.

I am a student of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and have always and will always preach non-violence. I am insulted by this character assassination, but not surprised. The tactic is to divert the attention off the real issue,easy access to guns and turn it on me.

It will not work!!!

Rev. Dr. Michael L. Pfleger,
Pastor,
Faith Community of Saint Sabina
Easy access to guns? In the State of Illinois? From law-abiding gin shop owners? Who's insulting who here, Snuffy?

Source

No comments: