Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving greetings & blessings from Fr. John Corapi & Co-workers

From Fr Corapi via email:
_________________________

I want to take a moment this Thanksgiving day to greet and bless all of our dear friends and customers. From the day I began my ministry it has been you who encouraged me and made what we do possible. You have been kind and you have been generous, purchasing the media materials that alone provide the financial support we need to carry on. We receive no funds from the Church to do our work, only your support...No salaries, no benefits, no subsidies of any kind. We don't need them. You support us, and we in turn contribute to the support of the Church's many good works.

Early this morning before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, I:

*thanked God for God, as my old friend Bernice used to say: 'Thank God for God!'

*thanked God for the 'gift Who contains all gifts,' the Holy Spirit.

*thanked God for Jesus in the most holy Eucharist, truly Emmanuel, 'God among us.'

*thanked God for our Blessed Mother whose 'fiat' gave us the Word made flesh.

*thanked God for all of the Angels and all of the saints, who help us every day.

*thanked God for Holy Mother Church, pillar and bulwark of truth.

*thanked God for my mother, father, grandparents, and all the Catholic family I was fortunate enough to grow up in.

*thanked God for Tamra and Matt, without whom none of my work would go on.

*thanked God for you, our friends and customers at fathercorapi.com & Santa Cruz Media.

*thanked God for my health, when it is good, and even when it isn't - for that is the gift of the Cross, the power to sanctify and save souls.

*thanked God for being born in and living in the United States of America, not perfect, but still the best there is.

*thanked God for the blessings of creation: the beauty of the mountains, the rivers, the birds and fish, the animals, the trees, and everything that is.

*thanked God for each and every person who ever persecuted, hated, or cursed me and what I do, for it is of such hard stones that the road to Heaven is paved.

*thanked God for being able to thank Him, for it is only through the Holy Spirit in Jesus that we are enabled to give thanks to our Father.

Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving,
Fr. John Corapi
###

No comments: