Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Just for Today, December 6

If Thou wilt have me to be in darkness, be Thou blessed; and if Thou wilt have me to be in light, be Thou again blessed; if Thou vouchsafe to comfort me, be Thou blessed; and if it be Thy will I should be afflicted, be Thou always equally blessed.
-Bk. III, ch. xvii.
____________________

I thank Our Lord for making me walk in darkness, for I do so in much peace. I would willingly spend the whole of my religious life in this dark underground passage, if by it I might win light for sinners.

I am only too glad to be without consolation; I would be ashamed if my love were no better than that of a fiancee in the world, who only looks for presents or admiration. I love my Betrothed for His own sake, and it is His tears and not looks of admiration that I want from Him. I long to wipe away those tears, to gather them up as precious diamonds to adorn my wedding dress.

My heart's desire is to love Jesus as He has never been loved before.
- L.
__________________
For a List of Abbreviations, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: