Saturday, January 05, 2008

Just for Today, January 6

To some I speak things common, to others things more particular; to some I sweetly appear in signs and figures, to other in great light I reveal mysteries.
-Bk. III, ch. xliii.
__________________

Since Christmas Celine had begun to share my most intimate thoughts. Our Lord wished us to make pro­gress together, and so united us in a bond closer than mere ties of blood by making our very souls sisters. I love to recall our conversations at that time, as we sat in the belvedere looking out at the starry sky. I believe that we received many graces; as the author of the Imitation says: To some I sweetly appear in signs and figures, to others in great light I reveal mysteries. He revealed Himself to our hearts, and the veil that hid Him was almost transparent. To doubt would have been impossible; whilst yet on earth we had found, through love, Him whom we sought, so that faith and hope were in abeyance.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For a List of Abbreviations, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: