Friday, March 28, 2008

Just for Today, March 19

If I cannot as yet be all heavenly and all on fire, like the cherubim and seraphim, I will, however, endeavour to apply myself to devotion, and to prepare my heart for the acquiring some small flame of divine love.

-Bk. IV, ch. iv.
______________

A few days after I had made my oblation to the All­ Merciful Love, I had just begun to make the Stations of the Cross in choir, when I was suddenly pierced by a flaming dart, so fiery that I nearly died. It was as if some unseen force had plunged me into fire. I can find no words to express the intensity of the flame, nor the delight which accompanied it.

-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: