Monday, March 24, 2008

Just for Today, March 25

O Lord, my God, my Creator and Redeemer, I desire to receive Thee today with such affection, reverence, praise and honour; with such gratitude, worthiness, and love; with such faith, hope, and purity, as Thy most holy Mother, the glorious Virgin Mary, received and desired Thee, when she humbly and devoutly answered the angel, who declared to her the mystery of the Incarnation: Behold the handmaid of the Lord: be it done to me according to thy word (Luke 1:38).

-Bk. IV, ch. xvii.

The Lord who made me sheltereth
Within my mortal frame,
Just as to Mary, long ago,
The promised Saviour came.
O Mary! clothe my poverty,
And lend me of thy grace,
That He may find once more in me
His chosen dwelling-place!

-Poems
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: