Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Meditation for March 27, Thursday After Easter

Soul Quest

God seeks you perpetually. At every moment He pursues us with His grace. Let Him meet a soul on its way to Him, thirsting for Him...at the point where these two yearnings meet...holiness springs forth.

You seek Jesus - What a magnificent testimony is this given by the angel to the Holy Women coming to anoint the body of the Lord.

How could grace, be it ever so ingenious, penetrate self com­placent souls who seek no greater perfection; who are like non­absorbent oilcloth whose smooth surface assimilates nothibg. But where there is the least possibility of penetrating the surface and consequently the possibility of an eventual aspiration, grace quickly worms its way in, and who can say what wonders it may effect.

Happy the souls who are not spiritually stolig but who can be inspired by a noble desire.

You seek Jesus? All is well! Perhaps you will not find Him at once, because to intensify your desire, He makes you wait for Him. But, patience! Continue to thirst. Continue your quest. To seek is to have found. He is there. He is calling you, "Mary!" "Rabonni!"

"I have so often pursued mere trifles! What a waste of time! The one thing necessary passes by while I am in quest of what is futile. You alone, my God. May nothing divert me in my quest of You. If someone asks me where I am going, I will respond, 'I am going to Him, the Source of Life, my very life.'"
_________________
Adapted from Meditations for Religious
by Father Raoul Plus, S.J. (© 1939, Frederick Pustet Co.)

No comments: