Thursday, April 03, 2008

Just for Today, April 4

If I am left to myself, behold I am nothing, and all weakness; but if Thou shouldst graciously look upon me, I presently become strong, and am filled with a new joy. It is very wonderful that I am so quickly raised up, and so graciously embraced by Thee; I who by my own weight am always sinking to the bottom.

-Bk. III, ch. viii.

If Thou wilt have me to be in darkness, be Thou blessed; and if Thou wilt have me to be in light, by :Thou again blessed.

-Bk. III, ch. xvii.

________________

Do not be afraid to tell Our Lord that you love Him, eyen if you do not feel it; this will compel Him to come to your assistance, to carry you as though you were a little child unable to walk. If the little child is afraid of the darkness and troubled because he cannot see the One who is carrying him, let him close his eyes; this is the only sacrifice Jesus asks of him. By remaining thus in peace, the night will no longer frighten him, because he cannot see it. Soon, if not joy, at any rate peace will be restored to his soul.

-Letters.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: