Friday, November 19, 2004

St. Louis Latin Mass beauty

A letter to the editor from the St Louis Review:
Editor:

My family recently returned from a trip to Kansas City, Missouri where I was fortunate enough to attend the Latin High Mass by the Community of St. Philippine Duchesne. At 37 years old, I have never experienced this unbelievably sacred and transcendent rite.

I have known for years that the various (and there certainly are a variety) Novus Ordo liturgies presented by the many parishes I have been a part of lacked the focus and commitment to the sacrificial nature of the Mass, but never knew what I was missing.

I would urge the archdiocese to support any effort to make the Latin Mass widely available to the faithful here in St. Louis. I would also urge anyone who knows that liturgies need to be refocused to support the Latin Mass.

Matthew Grahek
Washington
Source.

No comments: