Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Am I having a nightmare or am I in the Twilight Zone?

The Disney movie "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe," based on the classic by C.S. Lewis, will be out Dec. 9, but some are arguing that schoolchildren should not be encouraged to read the book.
Who could possibly be advocating that students NOT read The Chronicles of Narnia?
Robert Boston, assistant director of communications for Americans United for the Separation of Church and State (AU), said students should not be encouraged to read a Christian book....AU has promised litigation if its demands aren't met...
This looks to be a form of 'extortion' and 'censorship', an 'intellectual book burning', so to speak. It seems like shades of fascism are all around. Things are getting nuttier everyday it seems...I'm thinking that maybe I'll awake from this nightmare soon and all these boogeymen will have vanished - and with them, all their vices, perversions and abominations.

Or maybe I've accidently passed through some vortex and I'm witnessing some alternate dimension, like the Twilight Zone? All I know for certain is this stuff is truly bizarre!

Link here.

No comments: