Friday, January 12, 2007

Mental Prayer for January 13, Time Off and Myself

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To see and understand Christ as model for my good times.

The Idea: Life is not all prayer, work, and study. There's a big section left, and it's just as impor­tant as the others - play. I've got to learn to watch Christ at recreation because He shows me what I should be like there.

Actually, if I'm honest with myself, I'll admit that this is the part of my life that is the hardest to do right. It's the easiest to get off on. I know I need real principles to keep my recreation what it ought to be. I can't imagine the boys and girls of Christ's age thinking that He was other than a normal boy. He must have been a good sport. But He certainly didn't tag along with just anybody and everybody. He didn't just "happen" to follow the crowd in every­thing they wanted to do. He looked around - He was intelligent enough to know how to have a good time.

My Personal Application: How do I spend my time? Am I a follower? Am I afraid to stand on principle ? Am I afraid to face the ridicule of the boys or the girls who think they are the only ones who know how to have a good time? If I'm smart enough, I'll be able to figure out ways of being a good sport and still be right. And even more, I'll learn how to make myself a leader in my crowd; a leader for the good that we can all do so much of.

I Speak to Christ: I really need your help now, Lord. Without you as a guide and without your help I'm a weakling and a follower so many times. I want to be a leader. Help me stand on my own two feet and use my recreation the right way for you.

Thought for Today: "I am the way... follow me:'
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: