Saturday, August 18, 2007

Meditation for August 19, Mary Like

The Trinity Living in Mary - what a spectacle! I meditated on it yesterday and I will come back to it often. Do I realize that the same Holy Trinity dwells in me?

Father Bainvel, an inspiring theologian, who wrote well of the Blessed Virgin, says:

"In the mind of the Church the Heart of Mary is the ideal of the Christian Heart. I will explain...We also live in the divine, but we scarcely realize it in our minds and in our hearts, that is to say, we hardly ever discover its full reality. We were baptized and we knew nothing of it. Baptism imparted to our soul a divine life. God Himself came to dwell in us by His ineffable Presence; we were incorporated with Jesus; but how many there are for whom these wondrous truths do not seem to exist. How many inconsistencies do we not find even in those who believe and ponder these truths. What difficulty we have in living according to our belief, in putting our conduct in harmony with the supernatural!"

"Comparing Mary's manner of acting with ours, Our Lady always lived in the world moti­vated by the Invisible as if she had seen it; she did realize it in her heart. When she said that the Most High had done great things to her, she was keenly aware of these great realities. She was in incessant communication with these ineffable realities in the inti­macy of her soul; she steeped herself in them; she lived on them, or rather we should say, she lived them."

Father Bainvel composed the following prayer - I will make it my own and pray it from my heart:

"O Virgin, help me to know better these divine realities of the Chris­tian life; to recognize them more readily; to realize them in the in­timacy of my soul, as you understood the words and example of your Son, in order that like you, I may translate them into action."

[Ed. note: It would be worthwhile to read Fr. Bainvel's whole volume on the Heart of Mary.]
_________________
From Meditations for Religious
by Father Raoul Plus, S.J. (© 1939, Frederick Pustet Co.)

No comments: