Monday, June 23, 2008

Just for Today, June 24

As soon as ever thou hast delivered thyself up to God with thy whole heart, and neither seekest this nor that for thine own pleasure or will, but wholly placest thyself in Him, thou shalt find thyself united to Him, and at peace; for nothing will relish so well, and please thee so much, as the good pleasure of the divine will.

~Bk. IV, ch. xv.
_________________

Remember, Lord, my resting-place
Is in Thy holy Will;
Within the shelter of Thine arms
My soul shall fear no ill.
If Thou shouldst sleep, and sudden storm
Arise, I'll not forsake
My peaceful haven; O prepare
My soul ere Thou awake!

-Poems.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: