Monday, July 07, 2008

A St Louis Archdiocese Employee? Really?

A previous post "Breaking News: Community supports ousted St. Louis nun", generated numerous comments here as well as on the National Catholic Reporter site. One of those (of the many clueless or vitriolic type) is this one:

I tried posting earlier, but
Submitted by A. Tomson (not verified) on Fri, 07/04/2008 - 05:23.

I tried posting earlier, but for whatever reason, my comments don't appear. I am an employee in the archdiocese of St. Louis, and therefore I must start by saying this is not my real name. Thank you Sr. Louise for being such an inspiration and example of what it means to follow Jesus. I no longer will allow myself to be bullied by the hierarchy. I have spoken in favor of women's ordination, married priesthood, gay rights, a couple's right to limit the number of children, my right to worship at St. Stanislaus....all at the risk of termination of my employment. I suppose my voice wasn't loud enough, because I still have my job. I realize that the ONLY thing Archbishop Burke...or whomever is the next Archbishop....can do is terminate my employment. I love the Church.....and WE ARE THE CHURCH. Jesus had his Pharisees and we have ours. Jesus had his Good Friday and we will have ours......BUT.....EASTER ALWAYS FOLLOWS.

May God continue to bless you, Sister.

Apparently the man (or woman, or something in between), while claiming to be an employee of the Archdiocese, doesn't have the integrity to leave the Church with which he/she disagrees so vehemently. He/she does, however, feel no remorse receiving a paycheck from the institution he/she loathes. It's a shame that more of these pseudo-Catholics are not discovered and terminated - who needs enemies among their midst when so many are outside her walls.. Chances are that there are a plenty of faithful, orthodox Catholics who are more than willing to take their places working for the Church which they truly love and reverence.

It's a pity, really, that such individuals have not the courage of their convictions to "take one for their team," so to speak. All talk and no action. But then, do we expect anything else from these frauds and imposters?

Thankfully, though, some have spoken the truth - you can read more of the trash and the rebuttals here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, the ol' "we are the Church" saw....

So, since when have the hierarchy been excluded from the Church?