Friday, June 19, 2009

Update on the "defense fund for Kristin Kazyak"

From Mary Ann Kreitzer:
 
 
I recently sent out a retraction to my plea for funds for Kristin. After talking to many people who know Kristin well and talking to the pastor at St. Therese's, it appears the situation is a lot more complicated than I was led to believe by Kristin.
 
She also misled me about the situation with the pastor and implied that her "persecution" had to do with her work for prop 8. That simply wasn't true.
 
I'm afraid Kristin has some serious problems. I would really appreciate it if you would run my retraction which I've copied below.
 
Thanks very much.
 
Mary Ann Kreitzer

P.S. If you want more information please email or call 540-459-9493
 
 
Dear Friends,
 
With regard to the appeal for the defense fund for Kristin Kazyak because of her arrest at St. Therese's in Alhambra, CA. on Holy Thursday and Good Friday, I wish to publicly retract my support for her efforts. Since I first sent out the appeal, I've been in touch with many people including the pastor of St. Therese's and others, whose opinions I respect, who raised a number of questions about the incident and other problems. I spoke to Kristin as well and can only say that I  was seriously misled. I not only retract my support for her defense fund, but I urge people not to support Kristin's efforts and to pass on this retraction to anyone who received the first appeal. 
 
To anyone who sent money to Kristin based on my appeal, I sincerely apologize. I do not believe that supporting Kristin with this appeal will provide the kind of help she needs.
 
I want to make it perfectly clear that the pastor of St. Therese's has a reputation for being completely orthodox and the arrest had absolutely nothing to do with lack of support for Proposition 8. The pastor was completely supportive of the efforts of those working to uphold traditional marriage.
 
Please pray for Kristin and for the pastor and people of St. Therese's.
  

"The first law of history is not to dare to utter falsehood; the second, not to fear to speak the truth."
Pope Leo XIII

No comments: