Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Principles and Practices - August 27

No Selfish Moping

Are you weary of the fight already and willing to give in to the enemy? Never mind, come back, begin again, Jesus wants you. There are millions of pagans to be saved, a hundred thousand dying sinners every day to be rescued. For shame, to sit down and cry over your own self and troubles while so many others need your aid.

Ask your holy patron to help you. Don't lose heart. I think I can understand better than many what you suffer. I am not angry with you - why should I be when I know how sorely you are tempted and the rage of the devil against you? But I certainly shall be angry if you play the coward and admit that you are beaten.

-W. Doyle, S.J.
_________________
From Principles and Practices
Compiled by Rev. J. Hogan of The Catholic Missionary Society
Published by Burns Oates & Washbourne Ltd., Publishers To The Holy See
Nihil Obstat; Eduardus J. Mahoney, S.T.D. Censor deputatus.
Imprimatur; Edm. Can. Surmont, Vicarius generalis.
First printed in 1930

No comments: