Sunday, October 25, 2009

Principles and Practices - October 26

Not Always the Same

Souls in union with God are not always immersed in loving silence; they are often uplifted in ardent prayer to heaven, especially when they realize their own unworthiness, or suffer for the sins of those dear to them. Even during such prayers, however, they find comfort in regard­ing God and loving Him.

'Listen, my Jesus,' said Gemma Galgani in ecstasy one day, 'listen to the question of my confessor.'
"When you are before Jesus, Gemma, what do you do?"

"What do I do? If I am with Jesus crucified, I suffer. If I am with Jesus in the Host, I love."
-Sandreau.
_________________
From Principles and Practices
Compiled by Rev. J. Hogan of The Catholic Missionary Society
Published by Burns Oates & Washbourne Ltd., Publishers To The Holy See
Nihil Obstat; Eduardus J. Mahoney, S.T.D. Censor deputatus.
Imprimatur; Edm. Can. Surmont, Vicarius generalis.
First printed in 1930

No comments: